We’ve missed you! But, we need to set some boundaries before we get back together.
Continue reading to see the protective measures we are taking to ensure the health and safety of every member and our community.
Our back to work plan will be rolled out in two phases:
- Pausing community/casual memberships temporarily to the public
- Pausing day passes temporarily to the public
- New public meeting room bookings policies until Phase 2 (explained below)
- Remote staffing but don’t worry, we are always available for 24/7 communication
- Mail forwarding to members will continue
- Community membership with dedicated seating
- Pausing day passes temporarily to the public
- Public meeting room bookings with staggered booking times to allow for enhanced cleaning
- Staff to come on board
- Mail pickup to resume
All guests, members, and staff will be prescreened for health assessment with daily check-ins when they enter The Profile. If you feel sick or have any symptoms (runny nose, cough, watering eyes) – please stay home. If you exhibit symptoms in the office, for the safety of the community, you will respectfully be asked to leave.
Prior to entry, you must check in via email and then answer 3 questions:
- I have not come into close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has a confirmed COVID–19 diagnosis in the past 14 days?
- I do not have any of the following: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat?
- I have not traveled outside of the province or country in the last 14 days
The following changes have been made to The Profile Coworking Club
Prioritizing personal space
By modifying shared spaces with staggered seating and buffer zones, teams can continue to operate in the workplace while still maintaining a healthy physical distance from colleagues and fellow members.
- We have implemented a strategy to reduce the number of members in open areas and to cap the number of members in our offices.
- Please see the example below from our Lonsdale location
We have also changed the configuration of our Lounge space and will be restricting the number of “casual” memberships. Check in to your desk will be mandatory. Daily desk cleaning will be a priority.
As communal focal points, we’re taking steps to maintain the collaborative energy in our lounges while still giving members a comfortable space to work.
- Capacity will be modified with seat-to-seat distancing—reducing occupancy (i.e., a four-person seating arrangement becomes a one to two-person setup).
- To prevent overcrowding, floor stickers will indicate 6’ distances, reinforcing distancing guidelines.
- Touch-free hand sanitizer stations will also be located nearby.
- Staff and members will use top grade disinfectant along with more frequent cleaning.
- We’ve implemented heightened cleaning measures alongside our building operators to ensure the health and well being of our members.
- We are disinfecting common areas more frequently and are providing complimentary sanitization products in our spaces.
In the next few weeks you will see upgraded zero-touch automatic soap, paper towel, and hand sanitizer dispensers.
House rules for health
New cleaning standards and capacity protocols will be reinforced with strategically-placed signage and way finding—friendly reminders to members and guests that the well being of our community depends on all of us to do our part.
Our enhanced standards
By maintaining and enhancing our cleaning measures, your clients can expect heightened cleaning and hygiene standards that align with guidance provided by the CDC, WHO, and local health organizations.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Increased frequency and scope of daytime cleaning and sanitization
- Expanded availability of hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, alcohol sprays, and gels throughout the building
- Installation of touch-free soap dispensers in all restrooms and pantries
- Reduced touch points in pantries and expanded offerings of single-use cutlery, dairy products, and condiments
We are adapting new kitchen standards to meet health and safety needs.
- including updates to our appliances and food and beverage program.
- Pantries will include “light touch” solutions such as disposable cups and silverware, touch-free soap dispensers and wipe dispensers, and seating will be modified to reduce capacity and heavy foot traffic.
As shared, collaborative spaces, meeting rooms are being enhanced so that members can connect with each other comfortably.
- New capacity guidelines will be posted at entrances and recommended seating arrangements will be placed on tabletops.
- Additionally, “house rules” will be displayed and wipe and sanitizer dispensers will be located nearby.
As with all our spaces, restrooms will undergo more frequent and regimented cleanings throughout the day.
- To cut down on “high touch” exposure, touch-free soap dispensers will be installed at every other sink fixture and 20-second hand washing signage will remind members that soap and water go a long way in fighting COVID-19.
HVAC & air quality
With consultancy from industry-leading engineering partners, The Profile alongside our building operators, are taking immediate steps to protect members with the maximum achievable delivery of fresh, clean air to all our spaces.
• Keep to social distancing
• Disinfect what you touch before and after doing so
• Wear a face mask if you can
• Monitor your health and communicate with the Community Manager
• Don’t share anything
•Wash your hands frequently with soap and hot water for twenty seconds
• Use sanitizer regularly, especially after touch something others can touch
• Use disposable paper products when touching handles
• Don’t touch your face
• Stay home if you are sick or feeling unwell.
• Stay updated and check your email
• Stay positive
A future built on health and well being and fine tuning the solution. We will constantly be monitoring the situation and updating our processes as necessary. We will be actively following the recommendations from public health agencies as well as feedback from our valued members. Our team is working tirelessly to ensure that whatever comes next, we’ll be ready for it, together. As we navigate the evolving realities of COVID-19, we are looking ahead to what the future of the workplace holds for all of us. Above all else, we are committed to making sure that all our members experience work with peace of mind to focus on what matters most. That’s our promise to our partners and your clients.